Monday, March 11, 2013

Snap Out of It!


My drama diary continues…okay it’s not that exciting of a blog but it is truly a very candid “read” of my life.  I share to be accountable and to help you if you can relate to my life lessons, however, I realize being too candid can turn you away from me as well.  This is a risk I engage in.

Since my return from California, I have had this feeling of “apathy”.  I cared about others and their prayer requests, etc.  However, regarding my desire to study God’s word, take care of my home, and engage in one on one relationship with others, my efforts were minimal and duties/tasks were done routinely.  I blamed jet lag, achy joints, and poor diet which were factors but truth be known I was taking a “lackadaisical” approach to my life.

I love saying aloud the word “lackadaisical” – it rolls off the tongue in a fun way.  However, its definition is not funny:  Lacking enthusiasm and determination; carelessly lazy.  I lived out my “lackadaisical” life by watching too much television, spending too much time on Pinterest, Facebook and Craigslist, planning my future social events and activities, and taking too many naps.  The consequences of this attitude became evident in my home, finances, relationships and spiritual walk. 

New Desk
Yesterday, after returning from church and a Chinese lunch, I felt a sense of urgency and new found energy.  The weather was warm and sunny.  I excitedly started cleaning and preparing for my week. Kevin and Cory opened up the house windows and warm, fresh air blew through our home.  They rearranged the living room and set up my new desk.  We all cleaned the house, the patio, and put things in our attic/storage.  I enthusiastically decorated with bunnies and spring colors in our home.  We were united in our determination to start our week off in an orderly and clean environment.  We finished in the early evening and Cory and I were able to go back to church.  Kevin stayed behind to finish tasks needed for his job and to prepare for his work week. 

Yesterday, I was unable to hear our pastor’s complete sermon but he started by sharing about divine appointments in the Bible.  I began to think about how “busy” I was being “carelessly” lazy.  I knew I needed to change my attitude and “Snap out of it”!  God still makes divine appointments and I became determined to prepare and organize my life to be ready for when God clearly wants to use me for a specific purpose. 

I started by getting my home environment in order and going back to church to begin a Bible study on the Minor Prophets.  I am excited this morning to start my study at home and invest my God given time on good things – things that are rewarding, like my family, friends, home, church  and any other purposes - “appointments” that may come my way. 

My prayer for you and me, “Make each day count” and remember “rest” is a good thing too – just not too much rest where we begin to be “Lackadaisical”.   Just had to say it one more time for fun!

You are Loved, acf

No comments: