Sunday, July 16, 2023

True Love

This morning I woke up early with some heavy thoughts. This past Friday was a "bad" day. Yesterday, I was trying to restore my heart to a "better" day. This morning I woke up with an "unrested" heart. I had a deep hunger in me for the Word of God. I did what is NOT advised - I opened up my Bible and let the pages fall open. What I read profoundly helped me to understand WHO God the Father is at a new level.

Many of us have a list of names, adjectives, or adverbs of Who God is or what He does. There are songs about it. The names and descriptions are wonderful, powerful, and comforting truths. 

Today I read in Jeremiah. I read a chapter, turned the page, and read the next chapter. However, one verse just hooked me. I had to ponder it and then celebrate it. Jeremiah had a calling that fueled his laments. The calling was hard and took courage. In these chapters, he had a hard assignment by God. You may read the chapters yourself if you wish. Jeremiah 19-20. 

The verse that stood out to me described the Holiness and Perfection of God’s LOVE in a new way. His love is incredibly pure – a crystal clear transparency, flawless, sterile, and genuine. 

Jeremiah 19:5 New American Standard Bible

5 and have built the high places of Baal to burn their sons in the fire as burnt offerings to Baal, a thing which I did not command nor speak of, NOR DID IT EVER ENTER MY [a] MIND; (CAPS are my edit)

Footnote: [a]Jeremiah 19:5 Lit heart.

When we think or the world thinks "How can God allow such travesty, hatred, or horrific circumstances?", consider this verse. However, this verse spoke to me about Who my God is and helped me with my self-condemnation and how I think God looks at me. 

Sometimes I think of myself hopeless and derogatorily - then I transfer how I "feel" to what God must think of me. Reading this verse and hearing Him state that doing something so horrendous to require or suggest this act, which would bring pain upon the sacrificed, and to the parents, family and loved ones, does not enter His mind**, changes my thoughts. 

I thought about this: My Lord God does not think or ponder evil, ugly, impure, and bitter thoughts. He is HOLY with purity and integrity.  What I think about me, He DOESN’T. He doesn't want to harm me or punish me for my sin. He gave me Jesus. My Lord God is holy love. He knows exactly who I am, and I belong to Him. He loves me and He will refine me to be like Him without anger and degradation. Adding to my knowledge of WHO God is that HE IS PURE LOVE. Pure as in “perfect love”.  My friends, God’s love is trustworthy and undefiled. He is what we need to depend on. He is beautiful and we are created in His image. Whatever negatives you accessorize yourself with today, take them off! Put on His love today!

**Re: Abraham and Isaac- God gave us knowledge and wisdom through their situation. The act was never intended to become a ritual or law. The enemy exploited this lesson for evil and distraction to who God is and what He desires. 


No comments: